Thursday 16 January 2014

How it all started...

Having recently heard about Lucy's diagnosis, I saw this posted on Facebook in December 2013:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maycie/this-guy-travelled-the-country-in-a-pink-tutu-just-to-make-h

I half jokingly shared it with the comment "So anyone on TeamLucy wanna give this a go?!"  I didn't expect anyone to run with it, just thought it would provoke an amusing conversation and that would be that.  It certainly started an entertaining conversation, Lucy immediately nominated Graham to travel the country naked apart from a pink tutu for her amusement!  This led seamlessly into a conversation about Graham doing his household chores in nothing but a tutu and so the first Lulu's Tutu photo was taken (albeit not with the official tutu!):


 
He claimed that was Antarctica in the background, but I'm not convinced...
 
Vicki S then coined the term Lulu's Tutu and Graham set about making up the rules!
 
Rule #1: You're not allowed to wear anything but the #teamlucy tutu.
Rule #2: You do NOT talk about the #teamlicy tutu.
(Rule #3: If the #teamlucy tutu gets licy, you wash it before sending it to the next wearer.)

Lucy (thank goodness) had this response to the rules:  Graham, I veto your rule of wearing ONLY the tutu.  Don't get your thrills from my journey, Mr!  You may wear what you wish with said tutu.  Xxxx (except you Graham, who has to also wear nipple tassels.....)

Soon afterwards Gill B went tutu shopping and so started the adventures of Lulu's travelling tutu!

Gabi






7 comments:

  1. First time I'd seen the rules and I got a bit worried there for a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should still be worried about the nipple tassels. I've seen him in gold Y fronts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, not sure if this is the place to post this but if Lulu's tutu wants to come for a wee trip up to Oban to see me, I will do my best to take some entertaining pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie! I've just added your name to the list over on the Team Lucy Fundraising Facebook page. :)

      Delete
  4. We'd love to see the tutu cross the pond for a North American jaunt... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam, please do buy a tutu over there and send your pics over - we'd love that! We are in fact doing that on this side of the pond. The logistics of sending one tutu out was getting tricky, so Gill has purchased a few more. :)

      Delete